Looking for a first step toward building a successful career in technology? Microsoft Technology Associate is the way to differentiate technology competency and explore academic and career options.
MTA makes it easy for schools to deliver technology education through a simple,convenient, and affordable suite of entry-level certification exams.
The MTA certification program is good for educators and students, as well as their institutions.
Educators are empowered with easy-to-use Internet-based testing, students get the opportunity to earn a Microsoft certification right in the classroom, and institutions stand out as innovative technology curriculum providers.
- MTA validates fundamental technology concepts in infrastructure.
- Database and Software Development enabling students to explore career paths in technology with a modest investment of time and resources.
- No hands-on product experience required
- Test broad knowledge concepts vs skills application
- Free and free classroom instruction and self study
- Positions students for advanced technology training. Micosoft Certified TMCSA or MCSD and entry level technology jobs, internships, etc.
One exam = One Certification.
- MTA helps schools teach and validate fundamental technology knowledge, providing students with a foundation for their careers and the confidence to succeed with more advanced studies. Designed to empower educators and motivate students, MTA can help your institution stan out with an innovative technology curriculum while offering students an opportunity to earn a Microsoft certification right in the classroom. MTA is a stepping-stone to Microsoft
- Certified Technology Specialist certifications, which will help your students to prove their value in the job market.
- Career Exploration – MTA allows beginner students to explore a variety of career options in technology with a moderate investment of time and effort.
- Confidence – Confidence-inspiring credential lead to success with future studies in technology and professional certifications.
- Community – Strengthen your school and community through technology; Provide your non-college bound students for an entry-level job in technology.
IT DEVELOPER EXAMS
|Windows Mobility and Device Fundamentals
|Office 365 Cloud Fundamentals
|Software Development Fundamentals
- Understand device configurations
- Understand data access and management
- Understand device security
- Understand cloud services
- Understand enterprise mobility
- Understand the cloud
- Enable Microsoft cloud
- Administer Office 365 and Microsoft Intune
- Use and configure Microsoft cloud services
- Support cloud users
- Core Programming
- Object-oriented Programming
- General Software Development
- Web Applications
- Desktop Applications
|HTML5 Application Developer Fundamentals
|Introduction to Programming Using Block-Based Languages
|Introduction to Programming Using Java
- Platform fundamentals
- Manage the state of an application
- Debug and test
- Publish an application
- Build the UI using HTML5
- Core CSS concepts
- Update the UI
- Code animations
- Access data
- Code additional HTML5 APIs
- Apply Strategies to Solve Computational Problems
- Design Algorithms
- Work with Data Representation in Block-Based Programming Languages
- Solve Computational Problems by Using Modeling and Simulation
- Code Programs in Block-Based Programming
- Assess Personal Security in Internet Communications
- Examine the Software Development Process
- Candidates for this exam require instruction and/or hands-on experience (150 hours) with Java, are familiar with its features and capabilities, and understand how to write, debug, and maintain well-formed, well documented Java code.
- This entry level certification is intended for application developers working with Java. The code used in the exam is Java SE, and the syntax used in this exam is compatible with Java 6 SE through the most recent release.
|Introduction to Programming Using Python
- Candidates for this exam should be able to recognize and write syntactically correct Python code, recognize data types supported by Python, and recognize and write Python code that will logically solve a given problem.
- Candidates are expected to have had, at minimum, instruction and/or hands-on experience (150 hours) with the Python programming language, be familiar with its features and capabilities, and understand how to write, debug, and maintain well-formed, well documented Python code.
IT DATABASE EXAM
|Database Administration Fundamentals
- Core Database concepts
- Database Objects
- Manipulating Data
- Data Storage
- Database Administration
IT PROFESSIONAL EXAMS
|Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
|Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Server Installation
- Server Roles
- Active Directory
- Server Performance Management
- Server Maintenance
- Network Infrastructures
- Network Hardware
- Protocols and Services
- Security Layers
- Operating System Security
- Network Security
- Security Software
- Operating System Configurations
- Installing and Upgrading Client Systems
- Managing Applications
- Managing Files and Folders
- Managing Devices
- Understanding Operating System Maintenance
Download the study guide below.
DEVELOPER & DATABASE
How many exams do I need to pass to earn an MTA certification?
Will MTA certifications expire?
What do I get when I earn an MTA certification?
How does the MTA certification fit into the overall Microsoft Certification Program?
I'm an instructor. How do I integrate MTA Certification Exam Review Kits into the curriculum that I’m already teaching?