Learn how and why networks work rather than focusing on memorization of terms and numbers
Be capable of performing basic computer networking tasks
Understand the difference between client/server and peer-to peer networks
Learn how routers operate
Learn to connect to the Internet using broadband connections, configuring a home router, and testing what you’ve done
Be well prepared apply your new found knowledge to future changes in networks and networking
Introduction to Networking
Cost includes complimentary Smart-Book and an International University Certificate.
- This certification can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the certification begins.